|Information||Land Blessing Ceremony on Qresh|
The Nine refers to the nine families that control The Company. These families are the aristocrats of the Quad and are the landowners of Qresh. Landownership is critical to the power of these families, and families that do not have heirs lose their lands. This creates a vacuum within The Nine, which can lead to war between the families as they try to annex the land and the associated Company seat.
The families of The Nine find childbirth to be an unnecessary risk and use Leithian surrogates, called “vessels”, to carry babies that will be the heirs to the family fortune. The babies carried by Leithian vessels must be born on Qresh in order to be considered a member of the family and an heir to the family lands.
Families of The NineEdit
The members of the nine families can be distinguished through the use of colored sashes they wear on official occasions.
Land Kendry (Purple Sash)
Land Simms (Blue Sash)
- Land Simms is a ally of Land Kendry. Adaline Seyah Simms was their matriarch. Pawter Simms was an estranged daughter and disowned member of the family. After the death of Adaline Seyah Simms and her husband, Weymer Simms, Pawter became the matriarch of her family. When Pawter was killed by Delle Seyah Kendry, her sister Louella Simms became the leader of the family. 
Land Derrish (Grey Sash) - Land Derrish is an ally of Land Kendry
Land Hyponia (Red Sash)
Land Trus (Dark Grey Sash)
- Kalla Seyon Trus is the patriarch of Land Trus.
Land Nenodall (Silver Sash)
- Mankai Seyah Nenodall was the matriarch of Land Nenodall, until she was killed by Louella Seyah Simms.
Land Traclus (Green Sash)
- Zia Seyah Traclus is the matriarch of Land Traclus.
Land Rinn (Maroon Sash)
- Melek Seyah Rinn was the matriarch of Land Rinn, until she was killed by Louella Seyah Simms.